Arm Lift ( Brachioplasty )
Arm Lift is one of the types of Plastic Surgery which has become popular now a days.Reports are saying that among the other plastic surgery procedure arm lift has been biggest up-tick between the years 2000 and 2013.American Society of Plastic Surgeons says more than 15,000 upper arm lifts were performed in the United States during 2012 which was only 300 in 2000.The growth of obesity surgery is leading to an increase in arm lifts.
|Upper Arm Lift|
An arm lift, or brachioplasty, is a surgical procedure that reshapes the under portion of the upper arm, from the underarm region to the elbow.The excess fat and skin are removed and the underlying supportive tissue is reshaped to produce a more contoured arm.
Objective Of the Surgery
The objective of the surgery is to improve the look of the upper arms by removing excess fat and skin.
Ideal Candidate for Arm Lift
The ideal candidate for an arm lift is the individual who has lost significant weight, have had a loss in the elasticity of the skin, simple aging but has maintained a stable weight or just have excess skin on the upper arms. Age, obesity and smoking habits are some of the factors all of the plastic surgeon considers when evaluating a candidate for this procedure.
On average, the recovery time for Upper Arm Lift surgery is two weeks.They will be fine and do every day activity as previously after two weeks.
|Mini Arm Lift|
Arm Lift Scar
Scar becomes problem while going through Arm Lift but don't panic there are remedy for scar.
Exercise After Arm Lift/Post-Operative Exercise
Most surgeons will suggest that you wait for at least two weeks before undertaking any weight lifting exercise, but you might find that you need to wait for longer than this (maybe up to 4 weeks).Watch and feel your body how it react while doing exercise after Arm Lift.To allow good post-op healing, allow 6 weeks before resuming toning/resistance training for your arms.
Most of the post-operative swelling in your arms will subside within the first week of Arm lift recovery, especially if the arms are kept elevated. The remaining swelling may take three to four weeks to subside.
- Reduction in upper arm excess
- Better self image/confidence
- Being able to wear short sleeve clothing without being self conscious
- More Contoured Appearance
- Anesthesia risks
- Blood clots
- Numbness or other changes in skin sensation
- Unfavorable scarring
- Skin loss
- Poor wound healing
- Skin discoloration and/or prolonged swelling
- Fluid accumulation
Arm Lift Price
The cost of an arm lift generally runs between $6,000 and $8,000.Arm Lift price may vary from place to place deu to various factors which includes the surgeon's fees,the surgical facility, anesthesia, tests performed, prescriptions, or other fees imposed.
|Arm Lift Before And After|
Ask your Plastic surgeon ?
- Am I good candidate for upper arm lift?
- How many years of plastic surgery training have you had?
- How can I expect my arms to look over time?
- When can I resume normal activity and exercise?
- Will there be scarring with arm lift surgery?
- Any side effects of having an arm lift?
- What type of anesthesia will be used for arm lift surgery?
- Will I have dressings/bandages after surgery? When will they be removed?
- How is my arm lift procedure performed?
- What are my options if I am dissatisfied with the cosmetic outcome of my arm lift?
- When do I return for follow-up care?
- What medication will I be given or prescribed after surgery?